Introduction of Nikon D5600 DSLR
Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens
The Nikon D5600 DSLR is a stylish DSLR that combines wireless technology with multi-format photographic capabilities. It is compact, powerful, and networked. The camera is based on a 24.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor and an EXPEED 4 image processor. It can work in a variety of lighting conditions thanks to its sensitivity range of ISO 100–25600. Additionally, it can capture continuous images at up to 5 frames per second when working with moving subjects. In-camera creation of time-lapse movies is also possible with Full HD 1080p video recording, supporting frame rates of up to 60 fps.
Despite its small size, the Nikon D5600 DSLR has a sizable 3.2′′ 1.037m-dot back LCD touchscreen and a vari-angle design that makes it easier to work from both high and low shooting angles. There’s also SnapBridge, which uses Bluetooth low energy technology to share photos wirelessly to your mobile device. It can also transmit resized images automatically from the camera to your mobile device for easy sharing online. Additionally, Wi-Fi with NFC is included for transferring larger files—like movies—to a connected device.
24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
Together, the EXPEED 4 CPU and the 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor deliver images with remarkable dynamic range, color accuracy, detail, and low-light sensitivity up to ISO 25600. To capture the most clarity and detail from subjects, the sensor’s architecture also does not have an optical low-pass filter. A multitude of speed features are also made possible by the EXPEED 4 processor across the camera system, such as full-HD 1080p movie recording and a 5 frames per second continuous shooting rate at full resolution.
SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
With integrated SnapBridge connectivity, the D5600 allows for easy photo transfers to a mobile device and offers an abundance of sharing and tagging options. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology transfers low-resolution images automatically while you shoot and permits communication between the camera and a smart device. In addition to working with Nikon Image Space to share and backup files, SnapBridge just needs to be set up once. It can also tag transferred photographs with date, time, and location information, allowing you to keep track of your travels. To facilitate working from a distance, the mobile device may also remotely activate the shutter and show a live view image from the camera once connected.
Apart from Bluetooth, Wi-Fi with NFC is also accessible, facilitating the wireless transfer of high-quality images and videos to smartphones or tablets. For a smooth wireless workflow, SnapBridge will automatically switch between the two technologies.
Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
An appropriate AF system that uses 39 different AF points, including nine cross-type sensors, to rapidly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV, contributes to the excellent image quality. The 2,016-pixel RGB sensor—typically used for exposure metering—is used in a special 3D-tracking mode to keep a crisp focus on moving subjects. When using Dynamic-area AF mode in AF-A or AF-C focus modes, you can select between 9, 21, or 39-point arrays for improved subject tracking and recognition—even if the subject momentarily exits the frame—to better suit specific subject matter. Additionally offered are 3D tracking, auto-area AF, and single-point AF settings.
In live view, contrast-based autofocus (AF) is used to accurately focus on still or moving subjects. It can also operate in continuous, full-time servo mode to enhance the working experience with moving topics. When working in live view, there are four more AF-area modes that are accessible: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
- The 3.2′′ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD on the back of the camera provides an easy way to navigate playback, settings menus, and live view filming. Additionally, the screen has a vari-angle design that makes it useful to operate from front-facing, low, and high angles.
- Eye-level pentamirror optical viewfinder provides a natural means for composing stills.
- You can select the focus point and change the exposure settings with the rear touchscreen when using the optical viewfinder. Furthermore, the touchscreen allows you to navigate through your imagery during playing by using a frame advance bar to easily scroll through a large number of photos and movies.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also available for working with an optional external flash.
Nikon D5600 DSLR Full HD Movie Recording
Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec is supported in frame rates of 60, 25, and 24 fps, in addition to several frame rates for HD 720p and SD 480p. For guaranteed sharpness with a broad range of subject types, full-time autofocus with face-detection and subject-tracking features can be utilized during recording.
High-quality sound recordings may be made using the internal stereo microphone, or for more control over audio recordings, an external microphone can be used thanks to the integrated 3.5mm microphone input included into the body design.
Furthermore, Time-Lapse Movie recording is supported for generating imaginative depictions of subjects evolving over time.
AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
The camera body comes with the standard zoom AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, which has an equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm. With its built-in pulse stepping motor, this lens offers incredibly quiet, quick, and smooth focusing performance that is suitable for both still and video photography. Two aspherical components are included in the optical design, and a Super Integrated Coating is also included to reduce ghosting and lens flare. Moreover, this lens has image stabilization with Vibration Reduction to reduce the appearance of camera shake when taking handheld photos.
Other Camera Features
- Scene modes include: Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, and
- The following special effects modes are available: Silhouette, High Key, Low Key, Toy Camera Effect, Photo Illustration, Night Vision, Super Vivid, Pop, and Miniature Effect.
- Picture Control modes: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat, and Custom.
- Backlit lighting and other contrast-rich environments make it easier to maintain shadow and highlight details when using Active D-Lighting. The power of the EXPEED 4 CPU will be used to create a more regulated image with brightness levels that are more in line with what is observed in nature. You can deal with moving subjects in this mode.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 1.037m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 4800DX 39-Point AF Sensor
- ISO 100-25600 and 5 fps Shooting
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with NFC
- Time-Lapse Movie Recording
- AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens